As the largest city in Texas, Houston is home to a large number of 18 wheelers. With so many trucks on the road, it’s no surprise that accidents involving these vehicles are not uncommon. If you’ve been involved in an accident with an 18 wheeler, you may be facing significant injuries and damages. A knowledgeable Houston 18 wheeler accident lawyer can help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
When an 18 wheeler is involved in an accident, the results can be devastating. These massive vehicles can cause serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with an 18 wheeler, it’s important to seek legal help as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer will know how to investigate the accident and build a strong case for compensation.
If you’ve been involved in an accident with an 18 wheeler, don’t hesitate to contact a Houston personal injury lawyer today. Schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and learn more about your legal options.
Heavy size & Drive negligence are the main cause of truck accidents in Houston
18-wheeler trucks are some of the largest vehicles on the road, and they can cause serious damage when they are involved in an accident. Truck accidents often result in serious injuries or even death due to the heavy size and weight of the trucks. Unfortunately, heavy truck traffic is a common problem in Houston. In addition, many truck drivers speed in order to make tight schedules. These factors often combine to create dangerous conditions on the roadways.
Trucking Accidents: The Other Reasons You Didn’t Expect
1. The sheer size and weight of 18-wheelers creates a potentially deadly situation if they are involved in an accident.
2. 18-wheelers typically travel at high speeds, which can make accidents even more severe.
3. 18-wheelers often carry hazardous materials, which can lead to devastating consequences if leaked or spilled in an accident.
4. Many 18-wheeler accidents are caused by driver error, such as fatigue, distracted driving, or intoxication.
5. Poorly maintained truck equipment can also contribute to accidents, as can bad weather conditions.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an 18-wheeler accident in Houston, it is important to seek legal help as soon as possible. An experienced truck accident lawyer can investigate the cause of the accident and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Truck Accident Lawsuits in Texas
The trucking industry is a vital part of the American economy, moving billions of dollars’ worth of goods across the country every year. Unfortunately, this industry is also responsible for a large number of serious accidents, many of which result in serious injuries or even death. If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be wondering if you have any legal recourse. The answer depends on the circumstances of your particular case.
In order to file a truck accident lawsuit in Texas, you will need to prove that the truck driver or trucking company was at fault for the accident. This can be difficult to do, as trucking companies often have their own investigators who will try to shift blame onto the other party. However, if you have experienced 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer on your side, he/she will know how to collect the necessary evidence and build a strong case against the trucking company.
There are many different types of truck accident lawsuits that can be filed in Texas. Some of the most common include:
– Negligent hiring lawsuits: If a trucking company hires a driver with a history of accidents or traffic violations, they may be held liable for any accidents that he or she causes.
– Negligent training lawsuits: If a trucking company does not provide adequate training to its drivers, it may be held liable for any accidents that occur as a result.
– Defective truck equipment lawsuits: If a truck’s brakes or other equipment fails and causes an accident, the trucking company may be held liable.
– Roadway defects lawsuits: If a pothole or other roadway defect causes an accident, the governmental entity responsible for maintaining the road may be held liable.
If you have been involved in a truck accident, it is important to speak with experienced Personal Injury lawyers as soon as possible. They will be able to review your case and help you determine if you have a valid claim. Truck accident lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means that you will not owe them anything unless they are able to recover compensation on your behalf. Contact one of our truck accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.
Time for Some FAQs
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Houston, you may be wondering what to do next. Here are some answers to common questions that can help you navigate the process:
1. Who can I talk to about my accident?
You should always speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. An attorney can help you understand your rights and options, and will fight for the compensation you deserve.
2. What if the truck driver was at fault?
If the truck driver was at fault for your accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against them or their employer. An experienced truck accident lawyer can help you investigate who is liable and build a strong case for compensation.
3. How to find the best truck accident lawyer for your case?
When you’ve been involved in a truck accident, it’s important to find a lawyer who specializes in this area of the law. There are many wrongful death attorneys out there, but not all of them have experience with truck accident cases. This is why it’s so important to do your research and find an attorney who has plenty of experience dealing with these types of cases. The first place to start your search is by asking friends or family members, search online.
4. What to expect from your lawyer?
They can help you receive the compensation that you deserve.
5. How much a truck accident lawyer will cost?
There is no one answer to this question as the cost of hiring a truck accident lawyer will vary depending on a number of factors, including the severity of the accident, the location of the accident, the amount of damages involved, and the experience of the lawyer. However, in general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $500 per hour for a truck accident lawyer’s services. If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact a truck accident lawyer today to discuss your case and learn more about how much it will cost to hire one.
6. What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Texas is a comparative negligence state, which means that you can still recover damages even if you were partially at fault for the accident. However, your damages will be reduced by your percentage of fault. An experienced truck accident attorneys Houston can help you determine your level of fault and fight for the maximum compensation possible.
7. How much time do I have to file a truck accident claim?
In Texas, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. However, it’s important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible after your accident, as some deadlines may apply in your case.